These Roasted Chickpeas with Chipotle and Lime are a tasty little snack that are really easy to make. They are a healthy replacement for chips or other savory snacks and have lots of fiber and protein. And, you can adjust the amount of chipotle to your preference. This recipe makes enough for 1 – 2 servings, so if you are making it for a crowd, you will need to double or triple the recipe…because they will disappear fast!
Roasted Chickpeas With Chipotle and Lime [Vegan]
- 1 can organic chickpeas (15 ounce can, drained)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoon organic chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 - 2 organic limes (fresh squeezed)
- Drain the can of chickpeas then put them into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the chickpeas and stir them until they are all coated.
- Sprinkle the chipotle powder, garlic powder and pink himalayan salt then stir again so they are all covered with the seasonings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. After 1/2, take them out and stir them around and return back to the oven for the remaining 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze the lime juice over them and serve (best when hot).