This is a real summer treat, that I make over and over again for dessert this time of the year, putting to use all those gorgeous rhubarbs that grow outside my house. I find it to be the greatest feeling, to cook with vegetables and fruit from the garden.
Rhubarb Cinnamon Crumble [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 to 5 small stems rhubarb
- 2 cups oats (I use certified gluten-free)
- 3/4 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice/chop the rhubarb and place the pieces in an oven tray.
- In a mixing bowl, add oats, maple syrup, coconut oil and cinnamon and very thouroghly stir it together before spreading it out across the rhubarb. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the rhubarbs are cooked throughout and the oats are a little brown on top. Serve with your favourite vegan vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream.