These gooey chocolate brownies are so fun and easy to make, and would make a perfect desert option at your family Christmas buffet!
Reindeer Brownies [Vegan]
- Egg replacer (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup vegan milk
- 2/3 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate (chips or just a bar smashed up)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar together. Then add in the egg replacer, vanilla essence and milk and whisk until combined.
- Next, add the cocoa powder and sift in the flour and then with a large spoon, stir until combined but do not overmix.
- Then add in the chocolate chips and stir until they’re submerged.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray (lined with baking paper) and bake for 30-35 minutes (until it’s all set).
- When cooked, allow the brownies to cool for at least 10 minutes in the tray, then remove them and leave another 15 minutes before slicing.
- Then, if desired, decorate the brownie slices to look like reindeer – this recipe used melted chocolate for the eyes, vegan ‘smarties’ for the nose and salted pretzels for the antlers (stuck them on with blobs of melted chocolate)