Indulge in this spicy curry soup, with wholesome root vegetables and a swirl of creamy coconut milk.
Red Thai Curry Soup With Carrots and Sweet Potato [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2-inch grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, or 5 small chopped into inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- A dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 handful crushed peanuts
- Fry the onion with the coconut oil on a medium heat until browning. Add in the garlic, ginger and Thai paste and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots and stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix with a hand blender or processor and then add in the coconut milk, salt and pepper, and lime juice.
- Top with coriander, crushed peanuts, and a swirl of coconut milk.