Everything about this red lentil tikka masala is wonderful. The flavors are on point, the texture on point, the satisfaction on point ... everything! Red lentils are cooked in a creamy, spicy sauce that will delight your palate and keep you full. Plus, it cooks in just 30 minutes! Such a delicious and filling meal––you have to try it!
Red Lentil Tikka Masala [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Red Lentil Tikka Masala [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 small Serrano or jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Red Lentil Tikka Masala [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Sauté onion and serrano pepper in olive oil until just soft.
- Add in ginger, garlic, garam masala, and tomato paste. Stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add your crushed tomatoes, coconut sugar, and vegetable broth. Stir well to combine then add the red lentils.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, turn the heat down to a low simmer, and cover. Cook for 25-30 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Stir in coconut milk and cilantro. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1308 | Total Carbs: 200 g | Total Fat: 33 g | Total Protein: 60 g | Total Sodium: 3131 g | Total Sugar: 51 g (Per Serving) Calories: 262 | Carbs: 40 g | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 626 g | Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.