These burgers are made with hearty red lentils and fresh spinach – plus they come with a side of curry-spiced pumpkin fries! Wrap these patties up in a soft flour tortilla and serve them with fresh veggies and plenty of sauce.
Red Lentil Burger Wraps With Pumpkin Fries [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1 handful chives
- 2 tablespoons peppadews/piquanté peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 10 1/2 ounces pumpkin, sliced into fries
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray.
- In a food processor, blend your ingredients until smooth.
- Dollop heaped tablespoon-sized portions of batter into a patty shape with slightly wet hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn over, then bake for 10 minutes more.
- Toss the slices in the curry powder and aquafaba and bake for 20 or so minutes a side until crispy.
- Wraps burgers in tortillas and serve with lettuce, red peppers, sun-dried tomato pesto, or sauce of choice.