These burgers are made with hearty red lentils and fresh spinach – plus they come with a side of curry-spiced pumpkin fries! Wrap these patties up in a soft flour tortilla and serve them with fresh veggies and plenty of sauce.
Red Lentil Burger Wraps With Pumpkin Fries [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Red Lentil Burger Wraps With Pumpkin Fries [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1 handful chives
- 2 tablespoons peppadews/piquanté peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 10 1/2 ounces pumpkin, sliced into fries
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
How to Prepare Red Lentil Burger Wraps With Pumpkin Fries [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray.
- In a food processor, blend your ingredients until smooth.
- Dollop heaped tablespoon-sized portions of batter into a patty shape with slightly wet hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn over, then bake for 10 minutes more.
- Toss the slices in the curry powder and aquafaba and bake for 20 or so minutes a side until crispy.
- Wraps burgers in tortillas and serve with lettuce, red peppers, sun-dried tomato pesto, or sauce of choice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving of one patty and 1/10 of total fries: Calories: 125 | Carbs: 21 g | Fat: 1 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 10 mg | Sugar: 2 g Nutrition information does not include suggested tortilla wrap or toppings.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.