Throughout the work week breakfasts are often rushed or even eaten on the go. Summer weekends are the perfect time to make yourself or a loved one a special vegan breakfast or brunch. A special breakfast like this doesn't have to be and overly unhealthy breakfast. These waffles come together easily and quickly and are made with whole grain flours and no sugar. Instead of using just regular syrup, take advantage of the fresh cherries starting to arrive at your local market and make this tasty sauce, too.
Waffles With Cherry Sauce [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Waffles With Cherry Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Egg replacer for 2 eggs (or your favourite egg replacement)
- 1 cup of almond milk with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar added to it
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (liquid state)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cherries, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
How To Make Waffles With Cherry Sauce [Vegan]
- In a saucepan, whisk orange juice and arrowroot powder together. Over medium heat, add cherries, maple syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Let simmer for a few minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add apple cider vinegar to almond milk, and let sit about 5 minutes, until curdled. Add wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until mixture just comes together. Spoon onto preheated waffled iron, and cook according to waffle iron directions. Top with cherry sauce and enjoy!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1,297 | Total Carbs: 212 g | Total Fat: 38 g | Total Protein: 22 g | Total Sodium: 129 mg | Total Sugar: 114 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.