Ever wanted to slurp down a huge milkshake only to not have it go straight to your hips? Me too! And now you can with this amazing vanilla milkshake. Please forgive the infomercial type introduction. If you were to split the milkshake in half, it would only have 60 calories. A 60 calorie milkshake? Yes please!
Vanilla Milkshake [Vegan]
- 3 cups of unsweetened almond milk, divided (I suppose you could substitute your milk of choice, but I haven’t tried it.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- stevia or other sweetener, to taste (I use 1-2 packets of stevia)
- Combine 1.5 cups of almond, vanilla extract, and sweetener (I use a glass measuring cup for this).
- Pour into an ice cube tray (or other plastic container) and stick it in the freezer until it is completely firmed up and frozen.
- Once the almond milk mixture is frozen, blend in a blender (go Vita!) along with the remaining 1.5 cups of almond milk until evenly blended and creamy.
- You can add more or less almond milk depending on how thick you like your shake. You can also add more sweetener at this point if you are so inclined.