The rhubarbs have a sort of sweet tang and the crumble is crispy, yet a little chewy from the brown sugar. Rhubarb pie is even said to be one of the signature dishes in the Swedish island-province of Gotland.
Swedish Rhubarb Crumble [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Swedish Rhubarb Crumble [Vegan]
- 1 1/3 cup Plain Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbs Baking Powder
- 200 grams Dairy Free Margarine (room temperatured)
- 4-5 medium/large Rhubarb Stalks
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 4 tbs Golden Syrup
- 3 tbs Dairy Free Margarine
How to Prepare Swedish Rhubarb Crumble [Vegan]
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C / 390F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the crumble in a bowl. Add the margarine and mix well using your hands or a mixer with dough-hooks. Make sure all the margarine has been mixed in well.
- Clean and peel your rhubarbs and cut them into finger thick slices.
- Grease your pie tin and add half of the crumble mix. Gently tap to form a loose base for the rhubarb to lay on. Add all your rhubarb pieces and sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with golden syrup. Now add your margarine in small nobs evenly spread over the filling.
- Add the remaining cruble mix on top of the rhubarbs and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, vanilla custard or vanilla flavoured vegan whip. Can be stored for longer periods in the freezer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 509 | Carbs: 78 g | Fat: 18 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 182 mg | Sugar: 225 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.