Swedes love sweets and especially around holiday time. That is when everyone love to stuff their faces with food you don't usually eat for the rest of the year. Ice chocolate is one of those things, usually never eaten at any other part of the year except for December/January, around Christmas time. It is said to be named ice chocolate as it just melts in your mouth. Very easy with only two ingredients.
Swedish Ischoklad: Melting Ice Chocolate Treats [Vegan]
- 200 grams Vegan Chocolate
- 100 grams Pure Coconut Fat (this is what gives the ice chocolate that melting ice effect as coconut fat melts at 20C / 68F)
- Melt the chocolate and coconut fat using a water bath (bain-marie). Using a glass bowl over a pot of lightly simmering water. Make sure the water isn't boiling on to the glass bowl, that can make the chocolate too hot. It should melt by the steam.
- Spread your aluminium mini cups on a tray (that will fit in your fridge). Add the melted chocolate/coconut mix in the aluminium cups using a easy to pour container.
- Leave your ice chocolates on the tray in the fridge until set. Enjoy.
- Eat straight away or leave the chocolate balls to cool in the fridge.
Festive Holiday Tips: Add a couple drops of mint in the melted ice chocolate for winter holiday effect. Do two batches of ice chocolate, one white and one dark chocolate. Fill the aluminium cups half way, leave to set and then fill the rest with the other chocolate. Crush some of your favourite winter candies. Like candy canes and add a few crushed bits on top of the filled ice chocolate cups before they set.