A good cocktail can be the perfect end to a long day. After teaching my cooking class last week I went to dinner at The Market. It's not an all vegan restaurant but they always have a few good vegan choices, so it's worth stopping by if you're ever in the Raleigh, NC area. After my Tofu a l'orange sandwich I had their Mint White Russian. (It was one of two creamy vegan drinks on their menu!) This drink had homemade Kahlua and mint infused vodka which made this drink really taste special. It was so good that I wanted one again today. Since I didn't have any mint vodka ready to go and it's a chilly, rainy day I decided a warm minty drink would fill in just fine. I love the flavors of chocolate and coffee. And now I know I like mint and coffee too! If you don't have mint extract you can add a mint herbal tea bag in the beginning. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate instead unsweetened, just adjust the sweetener.
Slow Cooker Kahlua Mint Hot Chocolate [Vegan]
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, in disks or chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 cup coffee liquor
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Add the coconut milk, baking chocolate, and mint extract and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Whisk then add Kahlua and sweetener. Whisk again and serve.
Thanks for sharing.
This is the easiest way to prepare chocolate mint I’ve found.