May is National Hamburger Month, but here at One Green Planet, I know we prefer veggie burgers. These portobello burgers are so filling and they are exceptionally tasty. Your omnivore friends will like them as much as your vegan friends do! Celebrate Memorial Day with a vegan BBQ and be sure to grill up these portobellos. Let your guests top them with their favorite burger toppings. Some of my favorites include avocado, onions, tomato, roasted red peppers, a grainy mustard, and vegenaise. You don't want to miss out on these!
Portobello Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Portobello Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
- 2 portobello mushrooms, wiped clean and stem removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
How To Make Portobello Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper, until blended well.
- Pour mixture over mushroom caps and let marinade for 20-30 minutes, flipping mushrooms over once.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat and place mushrooms on grill, gill side up first.
- Let cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove mushrooms onto toasted hamburger buns and top with your favourite toppings.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
It is Delicious! Thank you for sharing. :)
Grilling these tonight!!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I am a huge fan of portobello mushrooms, can’t wait to try your version! Oh, and I’m your newest Pinterest follower/FB “liker”! Looking forward to keeping up with your healthy recipes!