Fruit and veggie Smoothies are a prefect way to start the day or even use as mid day snack. Unfortunately, my stomach doesn't take kindly to most raw food and veggies. So how do I get my daily smoothies? I cook the fruits and veggies lightly and it works very well for me.' This is one of my regular smoothies. Who can ignore that pretty color, especially with? Valentines Day around the corner. I usually add a bit of mint or basil, some rock salt to add a sour touch and a hint of cumin. There is the natural sweetness from the fruit, sour, earthy spice and a fresh herb.
Red Beet, Pear, Orange, and Apple Smoothie [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Red Beet, Pear, Orange, and Apple Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1/2 Red beet
- 1 Pear
- 1 Apple
- Juice of one Orange
- 1 Tablespoon Mint or herb of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tespoon rock/pink salt
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or agave
- black pepper to taste
- 1+ cup water
How To Make Red Beet, Pear, Orange, and Apple Smoothie [Vegan]
- In a pressure cooker or deep pan, add a cup of water, 1/2 medium red Beet peeled and chopped, 1 Pear chopped, 1 Apple chopped and juice of 1 Orange( you can even add some seedless pulp).
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon rock salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon raw Sugar or agave, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon cilantro or any herb of choice. (I sometimes add 1/2 an inch of young ginger. Don't add mature and fibrous ginger)
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle or cook covered for 10-15 minutes on low-medium heat until most fruit is slightly tender.
- Cool and blend to a puree. Taste and adjust water consistency, salt, sugar. Garnish with black pepper, cumin powder or dried herbs. drink! Of course, you can spike it with your favorite liquor in the evening.
- Beet Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 245 | Total Carbs: 75 g | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Protein: 2 g | Total Sodium: 12 mg | Total Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.