Like most vegans, I am familiar with the nutritional benefits of kale, although I rarely choose to eat it raw, opting instead to steam or sauté it. This salad, however, has convinced me that kale is just as delicious raw as it is cooked. The bite-sized pieces are perfect for soaking up the dressing and provide the right amount of chewiness in comparison to the soft, warm tomatoes. This salad is truly a stunner- beautiful, nutritious and incredible tasty!
Kale and Grilled Tomato Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Kale and Grilled Tomato Salad [Vegan]
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
How to Prepare Kale and Grilled Tomato Salad [Vegan]
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and zucchini in 1 tbsp. of the olive oil along with the lemon juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap in a tin foil package and grill on high heat for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are hot and bubbly, but not charred.
- Meanwhile, dress the bite-sized kale pieces in the remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce and pepper.
- Arrange the kale on a platter and top with the grilled vegetables. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts for added texture, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 245 | Carbs: 11 g | Fat: 21 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 339 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.