This cauliflower dish blends Asian and Indian flavors beautifully. It has a rich and complex flavor, but is slightly sweet and also a little spicy. I like to serve this as a side dish, but you can turn it into a full meal by doubling the sauce and tossing it with chickpeas and 2 cups of peas. Then serve it over brown rice.
Cauliflower Manchurian [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Manchurian [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp garlic powder (granulated)
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
How to Prepare Cauliflower Manchurian [Vegan]
- Line a large pot with a thin layer of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cauliflower and turn heat to medium-low.
- Continue to cook, adding more water if necessary, until cauliflower is soft and fork-tender, but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Taste, adding more chili sauce or garam masala as desired (both vary slightly by brand).
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain off excess water and dump sauce over the top.
- Stir several times using a spatula or large spoon to make sure all the cauliflower is evenly coated, and serve.
For a rustic texture and nutty flavor, roast cauliflower for 35 to 40 minutes at 420°F instead of steaming.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 239 | Carbs: 26 g | Fat: 1 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 520 mg | Sugar: 14 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.