It’s candy bar time. I present to you, my Raw Vegan Twix Bars with Banana Date Caramel. Now, I know regular Twix Bars don’t have a single banana molecule in them, but I figured I’d change it up a little. Regular date caramel is so boring. Yawn. I also know that Twix bars usually come in a pair of fingers (ew), but hey, ain’t nobody got time for that. I’d rather have Twix Bar Squares. After trying this recipe, you will too.
Raw Twix Bars With Banana Date Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Twix Bars With Banana Date Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the "Biscuit" Base:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 small pinch of sea salt
- Seeds of 1/2 a vanilla pod
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Banana Date Caramel:
- 12 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 small banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Seeds of 1/2 a vanilla pod
- Small pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 7 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 5 ounces raw dark chocolate instead of the chocolate coating
How to Prepare Raw Twix Bars With Banana Date Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Line a 6 inch tin with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, process Rolled Oats till you have oat flour. It doesn't have to be perfectly ground but you don't want huge chunks of oats left in.
- Add in salt, vanilla, and dates. Process until you have a clumpy mixture and the dates have been chopped up and evenly distributed with the oats. Add water in and process until the mixture resembles cookie dough.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of your lined tin and place in the freezer.
- In the same food processor, combine all the ingredients for your Banana Date Caramel. Process till smooth and then spread on your chilled biscuit base in an even layer, using a spatula to flatten any peaks or irregularities.
- Place tin in the freezer for at least 4 hours. The Banana Date Caramel will never freeze solid, but don't worry.
- After freezing, turn your Twix slab onto a cutting board and cut into 12 even squares with a sharp knife. Place squares on a non-stick parchment lined baking tray and return to the freezer.
- Whilst bars are in the freezer, melt your raw dark chocolate, making sure to not exceed 118 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, combine all chocolate coating ingredients and whisk till smooth if you're going that route.
- When you are ready, remove bars from the freezer and individually dip them into your chocolate. Shake excess chocolate off and place back onto lined baking tray. Just before the chocolate sets, use a fork to create prong marks on top (purely visual). You don't have to if you don't want to.
- Repeat the process with your remaining bars and store bars in the freezer. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 303 | Carbs: 43 g | Fat: 13 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 138 mg | Sugar: 36 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.