These are raw, vegan, uber nutritious and super delicious. Plus, they're pretty! Kind of. The best part about healthy desserts is that you can eat as much as you want without feeling gross or sluggish later. In fact, these give me natural energy to keep bein' busy and productive with my day. I ate almost all of them myself. No lie. My fave part is the cookie; they seriously taste like oatmeal cookies (and I adore oatmeal cookies). Smack some ice cream in between two of these cookies and whaddya get? Mouthgasms.
Raw Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 peeled, chopped frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Grind the oats into flour in a food processor or high speed blender. Mix in the maple syrup and coconut oil until you get a doughy mixture.
- Press half of it into the bottom of a 9x3 bread pan (lined with parchment paper or coconut oil) and set aside.
- Blend the bananas and vanilla together in a high speed blender until smooth and thick like soft serve. If you need to, add some coconut milk.
- Carefully pour in a little bit of beet juice (you don't have to use the full 1/4 cup) and swirl it just once or twice with a spoon, then scoop the ice cream evenly on top of your first cookie layer (in the bread pan).
- Freeze this until solid, then press on the remaining half of the cookie dough. Put back in the freezer until the cookie layer on top is solid, then cut with a warm knife or a cookie cutter. Enjoy!
You can use buckwheat groats (gluten-free) or cashews instead of oats, you can use coconut ice cream or mango sorbet instead of banana ice cream. You can mash up some berries and throw them in the ice cream instead of beet juice. You can use date paste instead of coconut oil and maple syrup (in the cookies). You can use vanilla extract instead of vanilla powder.