This is it. A simple, quick, and easy recipe for the best raw chocolate cake. Easy to make, decadent, delicious––what else do you need to know?
Quick and Easy Raw Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulse oats or walnuts into powder in a food processor, then add the dates and keep processing until it all starts to stick together.
- Press into the bottom of a springform cake pan, or adjustable pan (I used an adjustable pan set to about 7 inches). Put in fridge.
- Blend everything until smooth, thick and creamy! It should be the consistency of yogurt, kinda. If it's watery; add more dates, coconut oil or nuts. If it's too thick; add more water or maple syrup.
- Pour onto your crust and let it set overnight or for at least 12 hours (this lets it set and develop flavour).
- Slice and enjoy,
I decorated mine with hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds.