Today, I have the PERFECT summer salad recipe that I want to share with you. This raw vegan Caesar salad dressing is probably my most requested dressing recipe. My friends and family cannot get enough of it. Whenever I make it for potlucks (even for omnivorous barbecues), it’s the FIRST salad to be devoured and people can’t stop raving about it. They don’t care that my dressing is oil-free, dairy free, or vegan, they just know it’s freaking delicious and they want to know how they can get the recipe!
Raw Caesar Salad Dressing [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (or raw sunflower seeds)
- 1/8 cup raw sesame seeds (or raw pine nuts) or 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/8-1/4 cup sunflower seeds (depending how thick you want it)
- 3-4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp mild miso
- 1/4 tsp kelp granules or other seaweed seasoning *optional
- 1/2 tsp of dried dill
- 2 dates or 1-2 tsp agave or other liquid sweetener
- 1/2-2/3 cup filtered water (to thin as desired)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Using a hand blender or in a regular blender, combine all ingredients(starting with 1 date or 1/2 tsp agave nectar) and purée until very smooth.
- Taste test. Add additional dates or agave nectar, garlic or lemon if desired to achieve the taste you are looking for.
- Add additional water to thin dressing if desired.
This dressing will thicken after refrigeration; you can thin it by stirring in 2-3 tsp water if desired. When thick, this dressing can be used as a veggie dip. Cashews are higher in fat than sunflower seeds, so it’s up to you which you would prefer to use. Cashews will yield a creamier dressing, but be higher in calories.