The patty has only a few ingredients: sunflower seed, almond, flax, sun-dried tomatoes, apple cider vinegar and fresh cilantro, plus of course, any type of spices you would like to add! Throw it all into your blender for a couple of minutes and mould it together using your hands. Took us about 10 minutes of work!
Raw Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds soaked for 8 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup sprouted almonds soaked for 8 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil!) soaked for 20 min
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon kelp flakes (optional)
- Pre-soak sunflower seeds and almond in a cold water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pre-soak sun-dried tomatoes in a clod water for at least 20 min.
- Drain the water from sunflower seeds, almond and sun dried tomatoes, place into a trainer and wash under cold running water.
- Put all the burger patty ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the consistency is slightly sticky.
- Shape into 8 smaller or 6 medium size patties and dehydrate at 115 for about 2 hours, flip, and keep dehydrating for another 3-4, or until they’re the texture you like.
- Don't own a dehydrator? No problem! Alternatively, you can dehydrate these in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to its lowest setting (mine is 170°F). Dehydrate” for about 4-5 hours or until the patties feels stiff and dry to the touch. Serve over greens, on some raw bread, or in a wrap in a nori sheet!