Ice cream pints tend to be those last-minute, indulgent purchases made when browsing the aisles of 711 for a little too long. While this is admittedly an easy solution to your ice cream craving, there's nothing quite as satisfying as enjoying a bowl of ice cream you made yourself! The recipe for this raw raspberry and chocolate ice cream is so easy and quick, we guarantee you'll think twice about buying ice cream when you can just make it! This ice cream is raw, tart, sweet, and creamy, so buy some ice cream cones and scoop yourself some deliciousness!
Raw Raspberry and Chocolate Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen
- 3/4 cup raw nut or oat milk, or water
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, chopped, and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- Extra raspberries, cacao powder, or raw chocolate sauce to serve
- Place the frozen raspberries and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep the machine going while you add the frozen bananas piece by piece. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the raspberry ice cream into a container and place in the freezer for now. Add the raw cacao and coconut sugar (and maca, if using) to the remaining ice cream in the blender and whizz again for a few seconds. Pour this chocolate ice cream into another container and place in the freezer.
- Freeze both ice creams for about half an hour, just to set hard enough to scoop into evenly shaped balls. Serve with a bit of cacao powder, raw chocolate sauce and/or extra berries.
If leaving the ice cream for longer, take the ice cream out of the freezer and whip for a minute or two every half hour over a period of three hours. This ensures that air is whipped into the ice cream, which prevents it from turning into a hard block.