This tropical raw vegan pineapple cheesecake is refreshing, juicy, light, and decadent. The creamy cashew filling incorporates fresh pineapple and coconut, which gives it a piña colada flavor — each bite bursts with sweetness and exotic flavor. The whole pineapple chunks hidden inside make the cheesecake moist and add an extra fruity surprise.
Raw Pineapple Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 8.8 ounces dates (pitted)
- 1 1/3 cups, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the Middle:
- 9.17 ounces fresh pineapple
For the Filling:
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked and drained
- 8.8 ounces pineapple
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you can use fruit syrup)
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
For the Topping:
- Pineapple rings
- Pineapple trunk (washed)
- Desiccated coconut
To Make the Base:
- Line a cake tin with grease-proof paper.
- De-seed/pit the dates and add them into a food processor/blender along with the oats, coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Press the mixture into the lined cake tin. Place some pineapple chunks on top and pop into the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Drain the cashew nuts and place them into a food processor/blender along with the pineapple, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Whizz up on high for around 5-8 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour the creamy pineapple layer onto the base and pop the tray back into the freezer to set. Allow the cheesecake to set fully. This will take around 2-4 hours (you can leave it overnight).
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer and defrost before serving.