These are super delicious and super nutritious. Bam bam! Jam-packed with raw veggies and wrapped in seaweed, they deliver one heck of a meal that is sure to impress your taste buds and perhaps dinner guests. You could actually eat this recipe all by yourself because it's so low in calories (naturally). I dare you to try.
Raw Nori Wraps With Spicy Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
For the Wraps:
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 avocado
- 3-4 nori sheets and/or rice paper sheets
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Chili powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 dates
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove
- Water, as needed to make it creamy and smooth
- Make the sauce by blending all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Now make your wraps: shred the veggies thinly on a mandolin, but chop the cucumber by hand.
- Tear up the kale leaves and slice the avocado.
- Lay your desired fillings on one side of your nori sheet, and on the opposite side spread a little sauce to seal together the ends when you roll it up.
- Roll everything up tight and set aside.
- If you're using rice paper, dip the paper in hot water until it's pliable, then place everything you want in the middle.
- Wrap up like a burrito.
- Dip your wraps in your sauce and get this party started.