Three cheers for Three Musketeers! This homemade version of the beloved candy bar is not only vegan but also totally raw and gluten-free! So go ahead, indulge in all the chocolatey, nougat-y bliss you want!
Raw Mini Three Musketeers Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
For the Raw Chocolate Coating:
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup raw coconut oil
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- In a high-speed blender, combine all the filling ingredients and process until very smooth. Remove from the blender and scoop into a bowl.
- Place in the freezer, and allow to chill until it thickens to the consistency of thick whipped cream (it will take about 30-45 minutes depending on how warm it was). You want to whisk it every 15 minutes or so until it is chilled.
- Once chilled, scoop out onto a foil lined sheet, then spread out into a 1-inch thick square using an offset spatula into a square. Place in the freezer for an hour.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the chocolate ingredients in a small bowl. Once the filling has firmed up, cut into 12 squares.
- To dip, set on a fork and dip into the chocolate, let the excess drain off, then place back on the foil. Repeat with remaining candies. Then place the remaining chocolate in a pastry bag and drizzle it over the chocolates if desired to make them pretty.
- Once they are all done, place them all in the freezer for five minutes to set the chocolate. Store extra in the refrigerator.