When you take a bite of these raw, chocolatey truffles, they will literally melt in your mouth. While these truffles make the perfect gift for loved ones, you don't need to wait for a holiday! Get creative with the toppings and enjoy them as a sweet treat to yourself!
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Chocolate Truffles [Vegan]
For the Truffles:
- 5 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 8.46 ounces agave syrup
- 7.05 ounces raw dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1/2 cup, minus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
For the Coating:
- Pistachio nuts, chopped
- Goji berries
- Hulled hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Coconut chips
- Prepare the coconut cream in advance: add the agave syrup, shredded coconut, and of water into the high-speed blender and blend on high speed for a couple of minutes, or until perfectly smooth. Let it rest in the fridge for 4 hours before using.
- Finely chop the chocolate and gently melt it over a bain-marie. Add the coconut mixture and lucuma to the melted chocolate and stir well. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature, then let it rest in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your palms. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Let the truffles rest in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate coating: gently melt coconut oil over a double boiler, add cacao powder and agave syrup, and stir well. Dip the truffles in the chocolate coating right after you have prepared it, allow the excess chocolate to drip off and eventually place the coated truffles onto a coating grid.
- To finish off, garnish the truffles as you please, then let them rest in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the truffles from the coating grid and store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.