A raw freezer cookie packed with coconut, cocoa and a hint of pecans. Sugar-free goodness that's surprisingly indulgent. They are delicious, quick, good for you and totally guilt-free. The coconut really helps hold these tasty bites together without using oats or another grain. The coconut oil and almond butter help them stick together, too, as the oils solidify in the freezer and create a little freezer fudge kind of situation.
Raw Coconut-Pecan Cocoa Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pulse pecans in food processor until they form a fine crumb.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use your fingers to form batter into 1 x 1/2-inch pieces.
- Press half a pecan into the top of each.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to set for at least half an hour.