Don't treat yourself to just any ice cream sandwich! Treat yourself to one of these raw chocolate ice cream sandwiches! Not only is it chocolatey and delicious, but it also contains the energy boost you need to get through your day (or at least, to get you to your next ice cream sandwich bite)! It's nothing short of amazing, between the rich, chewy crust and the dense coconut ice cream on the inside.
Raw Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1 cup of dates, soaked in hot water
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk (heated)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons of coconut fat (the solid of a refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 more tablespoons of cocoa powder, or 1/4 cup of solid dark chocolate
- Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar (optional)
- Soak the dates in hot water for ten minutes.
- In a blender, grind up the oats into a flour. Add in the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and dates, and continue to blend the mixture into a dough.
- Separate the dough into 2 equal parts. Press one half into the bottom of a small bread pan, making it a flat surface. (This is the bottom crust of the sandwich.) Store it in the freezer while preparing the ice cream filling. Keep the other half of the dough in the refrigerator.
- Clean out the blender. Put in the hot almond milk, coconut oil, coconut fat, chocolate, and powdered sugar. Blend until it reaches a thick, cream-like texture.
- Pour the ice cream into the pan with the bottom crust on it. Freeze it for another few hours, or until the ice cream center becomes solid.
- Once the center is solid, press the other half of the crust mixture on the top of the filling, being sure to cover the whole thing. Put the pan back in the freezer for another hour or so.
- Slice it into 6 bars, each about 3/4-inch thick. They are best when slightly thawed.
- Chocolate Ice cream
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Gemma Sophia Plant
it opened for me, I will try it, but I will use carob instead of caffeine, I mean chocolate, caffeine isn’t good for the brain