Matcha powder is derived from green tea leaves and instantly makes you feel energized yet calm and focused. This doughnut recipe will let you enjoy all of the green tea's benefits in a delicious yet healthy chocolatey treat. These raw doughnuts make for a great dessert or even breakfast!
Raw Chocolate Doughnuts With White Chocolate Matcha Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Doughnuts:
- 2/3 cups of rolled oats – can be gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons of cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon of almond or cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Glaze:
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/5 cup of vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract
- 1 teaspoon of matcha tea powder
- Freeze-dried raspberries ,to decorate
- Make the doughnuts – Mix together the oats and cacao/cocoa powder in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup, hazelnut spread, and nut butter until smooth. Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix to form a flapjack mixture.
- Line 4 doughnut holes in a tin with plastic wrap. Divide the mixture into 4 and using your fingers, press into each one to fill and smooth out on the top. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Now gently melt the coconut oil with the white chocolate until smooth, then remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and matcha tea powder.
- Remove from the chilled doughnuts from the tin and place on a wire rack with something underneath for excess glaze.
- Spoon over the matcha white chocolate to cover the tops and sides of each doughnut, then sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries.
- Return to the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, simply eat one straight from the refrigerator.