This raw caramel sauce takes barely 5 minutes to make. It is a rich, creamy, sweet and decadent topping for just about anything. Somedays, you're just not in the mood for chocolate. Sounds crazy, but everyone's been there at some point. That’s when this amazing raw caramel sauce comes in. It's vegan, paleo, and gluten-free! Also, it is ridiculously easy to make. Before you know it, you have a rich, creamy, sweet and decadent topping for just about anything you want. It's great to put on fruits for a super quick, super delicious snack. Serve this raw caramel sauce with fresh raspberries and vanilla cashew cream,a berry and banana fruit salad, apples and cinnamon, or walnuts. They are all amazing flavor combinations! This stuff really works! There are so many possibilities. Of course, there’s always the “spoon” option. Spoon + raw caramel sauce = bliss. Doesn’t get much easier than that.
Raw Caramel Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water, scant
- 2/3 cup ice
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- Put everything except the dates in your blender and blend until you have a smooth nut "milk".
- Add the dates and process until smooth and creamy. Use your tamper to help it to blend fully.