There’s nothing really to say about this raw, vegan flatbread except that you have got to make it! The goodness of broccoli teamed up with parsley, kale, parsnip, peanuts, sunflower seeds. and a bit of flax meal to make this deliciousness. It’s a tasty bread recipe ideal for sandwiches or great as snack.
Raw Broccoli Flatbread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- Handful of kale
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 cup peanuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place broccoli, kale, and parsley in food processor and process the whole mixture until everything is incorporated and finely diced.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse together until well combined. Spread evenly over a dehydrator sheet about 1/2 inch thick. Dehydrate at 140°F for 2 hours, decrease heat to 115°F, and continue to dehydrate for 6 hours.
- When the top is quite dry, flip the bread and cut into desired shape and size. Remove dehydrator sheet. Continue to dehydrate for about 6-8 hours or until desired dryness archived. Store them in an airtight container.