In these delicious raspberry oat bars, the wholegrain spelt flour and old fashioned oats are a get source of fiber. The combination of pumpkin, sunflower, hemp and chia seeds add a nice nutritional punch that you won’t find in traditional desserts. So yes, it’s a little indulgence but it’s wrapped up in a lovely nourishing package which allows you to satisfy that sweet craving without derailing your good intentions.
Raspberry Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup non dairy butter
- 1 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl mix the ingredients for the base. Using your hands create a coarse crumbly mixture (as if you're making a crumble or crisp).
- Press two thirds of the mixture into the base of the pan. Press down firmly.
- Mix together the jam and vanilla extract and carefully spread the jam over the base stopping to give a 1/4 inch margin without any jam at the edges.
- Add the additions to the reserved base mixture. Combine well. Sprinkle over the top of the base and jam.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until just turning golden. Allow to thoroughly cool before cutting and serving.