These refined sugar-free ice cream bars are the perfect summer treat! A gooey raspberry jelly tip sits on top of vanilla ice cream made from coconut cream and bananas, all coated in rich dark chocolate. The whole ensemble is really too simple, but so fun to eat through all the different layers! Chocolate and raspberry really is one of those flavor combos that never fails to impress.
Raspberry Jelly Tip Ice Cream Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raspberry Jelly Tip Ice Cream Bars [Vegan]
For the Raspberry Jelly:
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or brown rice malt syrup
For the Vanilla Ice Cream:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup ripe banana slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lecithin or 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional)
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 4 teaspoons coconut nectar or brown rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Raspberry Jelly Tip Ice Cream Bars [Vegan]
To Make the Raspberry Jelly:
- Mix the chia seeds, water, and coconut nectar together and let them expand for a few minutes, stirring a few times to blend in any lumps. Then, blend in a high-speed blender with the raspberries until smooth, stopping and scraping down the edges as needed. Pour into popsicle moulds to 1/3 of the way up and pop in the refrigerator to set.
To Make the Vanilla Ice Cream:
- Blend the coconut cream, bananas, vanilla extract, and lecithin/guar gum, if using, in your blender until creamy. Pour into your moulds right to the top, place ice cream sticks in the center. Use a piece of tinfoil on top and pierce the sticks through to help them sit upright if needed, and freeze overnight.
- Run water over the mould, pull out your ice creams and lay on a tray lined with baking paper (or reuse your tin foil). Place back in the freezer while you make the chocolate.
To Make the Chocolate Topping:
- Melt the cacao butter in a pan over low heat until melted (or you can use your microwave), then stir in the cacao powder, coconut nectar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Dip your ice creams in the chocolate using a spoon to cover all sides, place back on the lined tray and return to the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before serving.
The lecithin or guar gum helps to bind the fat and water particles together so they don’t separate on freezing, giving a more creamy rather than icy finished texture. If you don't have them on hand, you can make these without.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.