These decadent brownies combine our three favorite things: chocolate, raspberries, and cheesecake. The brownie layer serves as a nice base and then the rich raspberry cheesecake finishes off these decadent treats. Plus, these things look great on your social media feeds.
Raspberry Brownie Mini Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
To Make the Crust:
- Place the walnuts and almonds into the food processor and blend them until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add cocoa, salt and blend again for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add dates while the processor is running. Work until the “dough” or mixture easily sticks together (if it doesn’t add 1-2 more dates).
- Line a cupcake mold with plastic wrap and press about 2-4 tablespoons (depending on the mould) of the crust batter into the mold.
- Place the cupcake mold into the freezer to harden.
To Make the Filling:
- Strain the cashews of any leftover water and blend them with the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Heat them together with the coconut oil and agave syrup.
- Add into the cashew mix and blend until smooth. Try to avoid any chunks.
- Bring out the cupcake mold and pour enough of the fill to cover at least 1/3 of each mold.
- Place them back into the freezer for the layer to harden.
- Blend or process the leftover mixture with raspberries.
- When the layer is ready, top the cupcake mold with this raspberry cheesecake mix.
- Store them in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator for 20-30 mins before eating and garnish them with fresh or frozen raspberries.