Packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and all of the essential amino acids, this quinoa “power” salad is perfect served as an entrée or a side dish. As delicious as it is served warm and fresh, this dish is even more flavorful served cold, which makes it an excellent choice to prepare ahead and bring to get-togethers! Enjoy!
Quinoa Power Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow quinoa to sit with the lid on for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add red pepper and zucchini and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well-combined.
- Combine quinoa, vegetable mixture, chickpeas, and parsley in a large bowl. Stir in the vinaigrette, then allow the dish to sit for 5 to 10 minutes for all the flavors to melt together! Garnish with more fresh parsley. Serve immediately, or allow to cool then refrigerate to serve chilled.
This dish is incredibly versatile! You may substitute any of your favorite vegetables and/or beans for those listed above.