This amazing healthy vegan salad is bursting with flavor and super nourishing, especially if you are looking to add more cleansing and beautifying foods into your diet. Quinoa is loaded with B vitamins and complete protein, needed for energy. Besides providing a desirable fat, avocados also contain vitamin E, folate, pantothenic acid and potassium. One half-cup of avocado has a whopping 8 grams of dietary fiber, which helps to eliminate toxic waste from the body. Avocados are also a source of healthy fats which help to absorb vitamins and minerals and hydrate the skin. Pears are a great source of pectin fibre, which helps to put your digestion at ease. Ginger helps with digestion and poor circulation and carrots are loaded with vitamin A, an essential antioxidant for glowing skin! Is that a bowl of greatness or what?!?
Quinoa Carrot Salad With Lime and Ginger Dressing [Vegan]
- 6 medium carrots (2 cups shredded)
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 avocado
- 1 pear
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro, packed
- 2 limes, juiced (¼ cup)
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- 1 Tbsp coconut or pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- To cook quinoa, first rinse it in a sieve. Then add ¾ cup quinoa, 1.5 cups water and ¼ tsp sea salt to a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to minimum, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Shred carrots with a box grater or using a shredder blade on your food processor. Shred pear and keep any run off juice for the salad.
- Cut avocado into little diamond shapes while still in the shell, then remove with a spoon.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients into a small blender and buzz until smooth. Alternatively, mix in the salad bowl but chop the cilantro finely.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes before eating.