Eating an abundance of alkaline rich foods will detox the body and make you feel and look amazing too! This soup is loaded with veggies but feel free to modify by using whatever you already have on hand: broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, peas, green beans, spinach, kale, and turnips would also be lovely additions to this soup.
Quinoa and Black Bean Detox Soup [Vegan]
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 16-ounce can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 16-ounce can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into slices
- 5 large carrots, peeled and into slices
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 avocados and 3-4 sprigs parsley as garnish
- Place a large pot or dutch oven over med-high heat. Add a dash of olive oil, diced onion, carrots, and celery.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and let cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
- Then add zucchini, yellow squash, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, spices, whole grain mustard, and water. Stir, and taste, adding more sea salt as needed.
- Next add drained black beans and quinoa. Cover and cook another 20-30 mins or until veggies and quinoa are fully cooked.
- Serve piping hot and garnish each bowl with avocado slices and chopped parsley.
Serve with toasted bread and viola! A super healthy, low cal, gluten free, dairy free soup that has wonderful flavor and will soothe the soul on a cold winter day.