Not only is it delicious, but it’s also a great source of protein that goes well with heaps of things from raw to grilled veggies, salads or sweet potato chips. Here, I used black chickpeas for an original touch. That’s why this hummus is slightly darker than most but the taste doesn’t change much from the original hummus. You can, of course, also use regular chickpeas for this recipe.
Quick, Easy, and Healthy Black Hummus [Vegan]
- 1/2 bowl of organic black chickpeas
- 1-1½ cups water
- 4 Tbsp. tahini (+1 Tbsp. extra for optional topping)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- parsley for topping
- dash of virgin first cold pressed olive oil for topping
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Discard the soaking water and rinse the chickpeas carefully before cooking. Then cook as recommended on the package.
- Once cooked, discard the cooking water and rinse the chickpeas, once again with clean water (soaking and rinsing your grains carefully is important to enhance digestion and prevent bloating and gas).
- Then, blend the chickpeas with all the other ingredients (salt, pepper, tahini, lemon juice and water). Start with one small cup of water and add a bit more if the texture is too tick.
- Top with a handful of chopped parsley, extra tahini and a drizzle of olive oil.