Next time you see a purple cauliflower at the supermarket, farmer’s market or in your CSA box, don’t avoid it like you would with green eggs and ham. Embrace it’s beauty and make this yummy curried. FYI - the purple color in this cauliflower is caused by the antioxidant group anthocyanins, which is also found in red wine and cabbage.
Purple Cauliflower Thai Green Coconut Curry With Carrot Noodles [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Purple Cauliflower Thai Green Coconut Curry With Carrot Noodles [Vegan]
- florets from 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- ¾ cup diced white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2.5 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of half a lime
- 1 large carrot, spiralize
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped parsley
How to Prepare Purple Cauliflower Thai Green Coconut Curry With Carrot Noodles [Vegan]
- Bring a medium saucepan halfway full of water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower florets and cook for 2-3 minutes or until more easily pierced with a fork, but still slightly tender. Drain into a colander, pat dry and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil heats, add in the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Then, add in the curry paste and stir continuously until paste covers the onions. Then, add in the coconut solids from the first half of the coconut milk can. Season with salt and pepper and cook about 2 minutes until bubbling.
- Then, add in the rest of the coconut milk (the oil). Lower to a simmer and add in the cauliflower. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes and then add in the lime juice and carrot noodles and cook for another 5 minutes or until carrot noodles soften to al dente.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.