Pumpkin spice should have its own month. You know… one month of celebrating all things pumpkin spice - like these pumpkin spice cookies. They are gluten-free on top of being vegan. Top them with some vegan icing and HELLO, It’s autumn!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened butter and egg replacer with hand mixer.
- Add in remainder of ingredients and stir until the consistency of cookie batter.
- Adjust with maple syrup or cassava flour if too dry/wet.
- Scoop out into cookies or roll in your hands and flatten on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- If you want, you could also top them with vegan frosting!