These healthy pumpkin pancakes are moist, fluffy and bursting with fall flavors. When drizzled with a cranberry maple syrup, you are sure to have a perfect fall breakfast.
Pumpkin Pancakes With Cranberry Maple Syrup [Vegan]
- ½ cup fresh whole cranberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tbsp arrowroot mixed with ½ tbsp water (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup whole-grain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add cranberries and maple syrup to a small saucepan and simmer, covered on low heat until cranberries pop, about 5-8 minutes. Cover until ready to serve. Serve warm. *If you want a thicker syrup: mix ½ tbsp arrowroot and ½ tbsp water until combined. Whisk arrowroot mixture into syrup and simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Cover and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes or until it curdles (makes vegan buttermilk).
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and buttermilk. Fold in dry ingredients. Stir until a thick batter forms, but do not over mix.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium to medium-high heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Cranberry Maple Syrup drizzled on top.
- Makes 10-12 pancakes
If batter seems too thick, add a tablespoon or more of non-dairy milk and stir until desired pancake consistency. The batter should be thin enough to pour easily and spread to no more than ¼ inch thick. If too thin, add a little more flour. Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the top. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on both sides.