'Tis the season for these cookies! The late fall and wintertime is so perfect for these flavors. And by these flavors, including pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves...mmmmmmmm! Many people tend to use these flavors only during the fall and winter.
Pumpkin Ginger Molasses Cookies [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup plant-based butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin and molasses until well combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Next, slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined, making sure not to over mix.
- Grab a plate and add some sugar to it, maybe 1/4 cup. This is for rolling the dough in.
- Using a cookie scoop (or eyeball it), scoop out a ball of dough onto a cookie sheet (I scoop out an entire cookie sheet worth). Then, roll the dough in your hands to make a smooth ball. Roll in sugar. Place back onto the cookie sheet. Continue until you run out of dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for a bit before eating, so you don't burn your tongue!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile