This vegan Pumpkin Curry is perfect for fall and winter! It's full of seasonal flavors. Plus, it's not very difficult to make either. Make it to share with a loved one for a cozy night in.
Pumpkin Curry [Vegan]
For the Curry:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder (use less if you don't like too much spice!)
- 17.64 ounces pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 8.5 ounces coconut milk
- 4 3/4 ounces veggie stock
- 1 ounce frozen spinach
For the Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6.35 ounces rice
- 13.5 ounces veggie stock
- Preheat the oven to 392°F.
- To a small pot, add the rice and veggie stock. Heat over medium heat for around 12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, add the olive oil, along with the frozen spinach, onion and garlic to another pot. Fry for a couple of minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the curry powder to the pot and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the pumpkin to the pot, as well as the coconut milk and veggie broth. Let simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin seeds. Wash the pumpkin seeds and dry them well by patting them with kitchen paper.
- Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a bowl and add the olive oil, maple syrup and sea salt. Stir well.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds onto a prepared baking sheet, then roast in the oven for 8-9 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to allow them to cool down.
- By this time the pumpkin (in the curry) should be soft. Remove from the heat.
- Drain any excess water from the rice.
- Serve your curry with rice, and top with the roasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!