This delectable cinnamon bread is so good, you'll be hard pressed to wait for it to cool. It is folded sand stacked with layers of cinnamon sugar and then baked until it's golden brown on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 5 3/4 tablespoons fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar plus xylitol sugar for dusting
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons ground flax plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons cardamom
- 7 tablespoons vegan butter (divided)
- 7 tablespoons walnut oil (you can use other oils too)
- 4 cups gluten-free white flour
- About 14 ounces of a mixture of almond, tapioca, teff and lupin flour
- Cinnamon powder and coconut sugar, mixed together
- Dissolve the yeast into some lukewarm milk. Add salt, cardamom, sugars, and flax then give it a mix.
- Start adding the flours and stir them well (by hands or with a mixer).
- Before adding the rest of the flour knead the half of the soft butter into the dough along with the oil.
- Add the rest of the various flours. The dough should still be soft. Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Roll the dough into a flat rectangle on a floured surface.
- Smear some soft butter on the surface and then coat it with cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla.
- Slice the rectangle into strips that are the same dimensions as the bread pan you're using. Stack the strips on top of each other. Cut the stacks into equal size pieces.
- Lift each square you just cut and place them sideways into your bread pan but be sure to leave space to let it rise.
- Leave the bread in a warm place and let it rise. When it has doubled in size, brush with egg mixture over the top of the bread.
- Bake the bread at 350°F until it's dark golden brown. This will takes about 30-35 minutes depending on your oven.