Sobrassada is a raw, cured sausage hailing from the Balearic Islands of Spain. Although it's a sausage, it's often served with crackers, as a spread. This entirely plant-based sobrassada is smoky, spicy, easy to make, and it's made from potatoes, so it's budget-friendly! This spread keeps well in the refrigerator, so you can grab quick snacks throughout the week.
Potato Sobrasada: Spanish ‘Sausage’ Spread [Vegan]
- 6 ounces potatoes, boiled
- 1 garlic clove, raw
- 2-3 garlic cloves, roasted or raw
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes.
- Once soft and cool enough to handle, put the potatoes in a bowl and add all the garlic.
- Add all the spices, vinegar, oil, and vegan butter.
- Mix well and let it sit to cool completely before serving.
- Potato Recipes