The simple things in life are best, like this potato patty sandwich with vegan cheese. Made from only potatoes, bread crumbs, and the herbs and spices of your choice, the patties are addictively crispy on the outside with soft potato goodness on the inside. Taking a bite of this is like taking a bite of a grilled cheese sandwich with potatoes.
Potato Patties With Cheese [Vegan]
- 7 ounces potatoes
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Herbs and spices of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan cheese of choice
- Boil potatoes until soft, then drain and mash them.
- Mix in enough bread crumbs to get a dough-like texture. You want to be able to roll it into ball that holds its shape without being sticky. Add spices of choice.
- Form potato patties, then coat one side with bread crumbs.
- Sandwich two potato patties with a slice of vegan cheese in the middle.
- Fry in a skillet with either oil or spray oil. Cook on medium heat until the patty is crispy and the cheese melts.
- Potato Recipes