These potato cakes are the perfect way to use up any leftover mashed potatoes, or to just make on their own! You can make this dish by simply boiling some potatoes until soft and giving them a mash. These potato cakes are perfect as a starter or a savory breakfast. They taste great with a dollop of vegan sour cream, or simply garnished with chives.
Potato Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Handful of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To the mashed potatoes, add the garlic, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and heat on medium heat.
- Shape your potatoes into 8 patties and place in the hot oil.
- Once browned (about 5 minutes), flip the patties and cook for a further 5 minutes until browned on the other side.
So that you don't overcrowd your pan, cook the potato cakes in batches.
- Potato Recipes