Here I go again with my love for portobellos. I’m so sorry…I can’t help myself. It’s one of the best vegetables, okay? I’m just gonna have to ask you to deal with it. Can you do that? If I tell you that I’ve paired the magical mushroom with white pepper, white wine and thyme? Is that okay?
Portobello Pâté [Vegan]
- 120 ounces of portobello mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine, dry
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and white pepper
- Chop, chop, chop the portobello, red onion and garlic. Cook with the olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add in the thyme, the white wine, the salt and the pepper. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. The saucepan should be pretty dry.
- Let it cool before transferring to a small food processor or mini chopper with the Dijon and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small cling film lined container, press it down, wrap it up and place in fridge to firm up a bit. If you want the pâté to be more firm, add 1-2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds when processing.