Poppy seeds contain several vital minerals like zinc, calcium, magnesium, which aid in the smooth functioning of all organs of the body. And this apple cake is just so rich! The sweetness from the apple is just right and the cake melts in your mouth!
Poppyseed Apple Cake [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 ground poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1/8 cup agave
- 1/2 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- some rum
- 1 grated apple
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- Vegan Crust
- The filling needs to be made at least 8 hours in advance. Combine ground poppy seeds with warmed milk, sweetener, rum and butter and leave to set overnight.
- Prepare crust and spread 2/3 of dough onto a lightly greased backing tray.
- Combine poppy seed mix with one freshly grated apple and ground almonds.
- Take remaining 1/3 of dough and place over poppy seed mixture so it doesn't dry out. Bake for 30 min at 360ºF.