Poppy seeds and orange come together to create this delicious, seasonal cake. The perfect dessert after a holiday meal!
Poppy Seed Clementine Bundt Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- Juice and rind of two clementines
- 1/4 cup poppy seed
- In a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, plain flour, spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add almond milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Heat until fully combined, but don’t let it boil. It should just be warm enough to warm up the milk and melt the coconut oil.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine, being sure not to overmix.
- Add in orange rind, orange juice, and poppy seeds. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into a bundt pan, or pan of your choice, making sure to spray with cooking spray or coat in coconut oil before pouring in the batter.
- Place in the oven, preheated to 375°F and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. The top will be golden and firm to the touch and a stick inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool, then turn out of the pan.
- Poppy Seed