Yes, that’s right. It’s time to eat more spinach, because guess what, it really is good for you (even if it doesn’t give you supernatural strength overnight). It’s a natural antioxidant packed with beta-carotene, calcium and vitamin C which help prevent diseases and boost your energy level. I’m personally crazy about spinach. I like it in my salads and smoothies, and sometimes I even mix it in warm dishes, like I did in this vegan curry prepared with coconut milk and spices.
Quick Spinach Curry [Vegan]
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1 3/4 ounces cashew nuts
- 1 vegan sausage (thinly sliced) (try this recipe)
- 1 apple (cubed)
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground curcuma powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and throw it in a pot with some oil. Cover the pot with a lid and cook on medium heat for 2 – 3 mins.
- Add the spinach leaves and the apple. Cook until the spinach leaves are wilted.
- Throw in the garlic, coconut milk, spices, sausage and cashews. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for a further 5 to 8 mins.